Friday, December 4, 2009

Wow, it's been forever...

Okay so first of all, I don't think anyone reads this blog anyway, so I don't even know why I'm apologizing for not writing in a long time. But, I'm sorry.

Alright, so here are a couple of cool things going on for MA artists:

First order of business is the This Is New England Tour. This tour has to be sick with three staple bands of the hardcore/punk/pop-punk sort of Alternative Press-type scene in Boston. Vanna is headlining, taking Therefore I Am and A Loss For Words with them. I'm not a huge Vanna fan, but to see TIA and AL4W would undoubtedly be crazy. Check them out Lupo's in Providence on December 19 or the Waterfront Tavern in Holyoke on December 20.

The Providence show will also feature a decently cool MA band as an opener, called Auburn. They're sort of Norma Jean-esque with some melodic clean vocals thrown in once in a great while. However, the Providence show will also feature Scare Don't Fear. If you thought Papa Roach and Linkin Park were bad mixing rap with nu-metal to create "rapcore" or whatever we were calling it back then, then let me just say mixing rap with hardcore metal is more than one hundred times worse. Seriously, I would rather listen to every Limp Bizkit album in succession than listen to all of the songs on Scare Don't Fear's MySpace. And that is a Providence band. We don't mix rap and hardcore in MA. If Scare Don't Fear didn't turn you off of going to that show, it's $15 to get in at the door. I might show my face there, but I'm not sure.

In other news, here's some stuff about me... So I won an Ultimate Access Pass from LiveNation to the House of Blues Boston. That means in 2010 I can get into all the shows I want at HOB Boston for free. With a friend. Sick, right? So in less than a month I will be going to an average of at least two shows a month, so you will see lots of concert reviews and photos here, which should liven things up a bit.

And last of all, follow me on Twitter. I can't put a little icon to click on right now because I have Leechblock on Firefox and I have Twitter blocked until 10 PM. Supposed to make me more produtive. Yeah, right. Later tonight if I remember I'll put up a link to my Twitter so anyone who reads this can follow me if they so choose.

www.twitter.com/jencarroll87

No comments:

Post a Comment