Saturday, December 12, 2009

Best album artwork of 2009

Alright, I have a lot of great albums I want to write about for a lot of different reasons, but I think I'm gonna get the kind of "just for fun" categories out of the way before I head on to best song, best album, band of the year, etc. In the age of illegal downloading and the iTunes store, I feel like we don't really pay as much attention to the art of the album anymore. Which is really too bad, because there is some really great art out there on albums in 2009. So here are my nominees and winner of the Best Album Artwork of 2009 category:

1. Set Your Goals, This Will Be the Death of Us



2. Say Anything, Say Anything
This is a page from the inside of the booklet:



3. The winner is... Infected Mushroom, The Legend of the Black Shawarma
The cover art is so badass. It's a bunch of mythical creatures lining up to be served a magical shawarma sandwich.



Click on this image to see the craziness full-sized.

No comments:

Post a Comment