Thursday, July 16, 2009

Anti-brokeNCYDE

So... It's been a while. I guess if I'm going to have a blog that I actually want people to pay attention to, I should post more often, right? Well, shit came up. Sorry. Now on to the purpose of this post:

I picked up the Phoenix last night while waiting for the bus at Sullivan and there was a full page article on the band brokeNCYDE and basically how much they suck and how they're banking on the shittiest aspects of popular music today. They're on Warped Tour this summer, along with such hardworking, legendary bands as Bouncing Souls and NOFX. All I can ask is, why? Kevin Lyman has a passion for the music but it seems that with brokeNCYDE, he's just trying to make money. Very well. The point is, it made me think about all the local bands that I know that play shows all year long and actually know how to make music with instruments rather than clicking a few icons in a computer program, and who are seriously fucking talented dudes. Dudes who can write music that says something, because anybody can write about getting ass and getting drunk. And so I thought I'd share with you the most talented group of musicians and writers, who are probably much farther under the radar than bands like 3OH!3 and brokeNCYDE, but who deserve to have huge things come their way. Listen with caution as it might rip your face off. This is what real music sounds like.

From New Bedford, Massachusetts, I give you A Wilhelm Scream.



If you like what you've heard here and live close by, they'll be playing on August 9 in New Bedford at the New Wave Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment